This website is hosted by 1and1 hosting
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Your name and job title.
• Contact information including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers provided by us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
• We do not collect any special categories of data.
• The legal basis for processing your data
• We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
In the case of your corporate email address (where you have provided us with this), that we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities and activities related to customer satisfaction and product development and service improvement where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is promotes an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
How is your data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you fill in a form or correspond with us by post, phone, email or otherwise;
What we do with the information we gather
• We use, store and process this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
• Internal record-keeping and to administer any account(s) that you might have with us.
• We may use the information for our legitimate business interests to improve our products and services to you.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us consent to use or, where you have provided us with a corporate email address, for our legitimate interests (as described above), provided you have not unsubscribed.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our own market research and survey purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post but only in accordance with your express and explicit consent for such contact. We may also use the information for our internal business purposes and legitimate interests of improving customer satisfaction to customise our website(s) according to your interests to provide you with a better experience.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In relation to financial and transactional data this will be for a period of approximately 6 years after the date of the transaction. In the case of marketing consent, we will contact you to renew this every two years.
Controlling your personal information – your rights
You may choose at any time to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website(s), look for the box or boxes that you can choose to tick to indicate that you agree or opt-in, so that the information can be used by us for direct marketing purposes – if you don’t agree then don’t tick.
• Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information or we are using your contact details for our legitimate interests for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten (your right to have your data erased) cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
• Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that you provided us with in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please write to or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
• Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us at email@example.com You will not need to pay a fee to access your personal data.
• Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
• Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us at email@example.com
Disclosures of your personal data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may need to disclose your data to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure servers or in the case of paper documentation, in secured cabinets only accessible by us or our staff or those nominated by the Data Controller as Data Processors. We limit access to your personal data to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In the event of any data security breach, we will comply with our legal responsibilities to notify the applicable regulator and you as outlined in the applicable legislation.
Any password(s) which you might use to access our website or other platforms that are operated by us using third-party providers are your own responsibility and you undertake not to share them with anyone else, save as to making provisions in your will. If you believe your password(s) has/have been compromised, you must inform us straightaway and change it.
The following is a summary of the types of cookies that are being used on this site, along with information on how you can block them.
||Cookie File Names
||Active on this site
|Essential Site Cookies
||Site cookies are essential to the operation of this website. They are usually set when you first visit the site and deleted when you close your browser. If blocked, this site will not operate correctly
|CMS (Content Management System)
||Cookies are set by our CMS//E-Commerce/Blog system when you first visit this site. These cookies are not used by Island Vape UK Ltd. These cookies are usually deleted when a user closes their browser
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is used to compile reports that let us improve the site. The information is collected in any anonymous form, including the number of visits to this site, how you arrived at the site, and which pages you visited.
||You can opt-out of these cookies by following this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
|Site Cookie Acceptance
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Is my information private with Company merchants?
The only Voluntary Information that may be shared between Company and one of our partner web sites is that which pertains to information used in the furtherance of tracking an order and providing you with correct information regarding same.
Order information, including order numbers and amounts, may be available to the Company, affiliate merchants and 3rd-party affiliate program management companies, for accurate tracking purposes. The Company will not release this information to other parties unless you request it.
What about data security?
We employ security measures to protect, so far as reasonably possible, your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
The Company requires that our advertisers and partners ensure the security of the data that users provide to them, however, in the event of a breach of their security measures, you agree that the Company will not be liable for any losses or damages.
The Company limits access to personal information about users to employees, for whom we reasonably believe it is necessary, in order to provide products or services.
May I see the information the Company collects about me?
You are entitled to see the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We do not raise any charge in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, but we may raise a charge where such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we may either charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested or refuse to act on the request.
Can I Opt-out?
The Company gives users the option to remove personally identifiable information from our list of active users.
You may also choose to opt-out of certain communications from the Company, such as our Newsletter and or Events that the company are directly and or indirectly connected with.
If you want to unsubscribe or opt-out of communications from us, send an email to Customer Service at email@example.com We will respond within 48 hours.
The Company is not responsible for removing personally identifiable information from the lists of any 3rd-party partner or advertiser who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this Policy.
Where is the website located?
The Company web site is maintained in the United Kingdom. If you are located outside of the U.K., by using the web site, you authorise the import of your information and its use, as specified in this Policy.
The Company reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time, in the event that this becomes necessary after initial release, or in the event that it becomes necessary with respect to additional, deleted, modified or amended services provided by Company.
The Company will not personally notify you of any amendments to this Policy. Users are urged to check this Policy frequently in order to determine whether any changes have been made. Users understand and agree that continued use of the Company web site assumes that they have read and accepted this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time.
Where can I access this policy?
The Company never uses or installs spyware on user computers, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from user computers.
The section titles used in this Policy are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
Links to other websites
Our website(s) may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this website, you should be aware that we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org